Originating in Italy, this uniquely designed piece of equipment lets you make a smooth, strong and delicious tasting espresso style drink.
It’s quite a dated method of making coffee, but it’s definitely making a comeback in the coffee industry and in people’s homes. It’s simple and quick to prepare..
What you’ll need:
- Your favourite Jones Brothers Coffee beans
- A grinder (if you’ll be using whole beans, which is what we prefer). Try this simple grinder from our store
- Moka pot (also known as Stove Pot, Bialetti, Perculator!) – 4 cup version
- Hot water kettle
- Weighing Scale
Brewing Time: 3-5 Minutes
How to make it?
1. Grind about 15-17 grams of coffee, about as finely as you would for a shot of espresso, maybe slightly less fine if you’re not too sure about your grinder.
2. Boil water and fill the bottom half of your Moka pot with water that’s fresh off the boil.
3. Fill the pot’s filter basket with the ground coffee and give it a shake to settle the grounds evenly. Now place it into the bottom compartment.
4. Screw on the Moka pot’s spouted top. Caution! The bottom chamber will be hot.
5. Place the pot on a stove set to medium heat.
6. When the water in the bottom chamber approaches a boil, the pressure will push a stream of coffee slowly and methodically through the upper chamber. If it explodes upward, your water’s too hot; if it burbles lethargically, turn up your flame. You know it’s done when you hear a hissing, bubbling sound.
7. Pour carefully into your favourite mug!
The Bean Team