This pretty and easy-to-prepare recipe is perfect for coffee and chocolate lovers!
Thank you so much to Anne from the cooking blog “Carnet De Saveurs”, for this delicious chocolate fondant, speculaas, chantilly and coffee recipe, perfect for an autumn dessert! Speculaas is a traditional spiced shortcrust biscuit, native here in the Netherlands, as well as Belgium, Germany and Austria. The coffee used our the Nespresso™ compatible Gigolo capsules! Read her article here !
- 2 tablespoons of our Gigolo coffee
- 1 fresh pear
- 4 chocolate fondants (frozen or freshly made at home)
- 200ml liquid cream
- 100g Speculaas biscuits
- 150ml milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Pour the liquid cream into a bowl, add the coffee and keep in a cool place.
2. Roughly crush the Speculaas biscuits. Save some for the decoration. Place the rest in a saucepan with the milk and brown sugar. Place on heat and bring to boil whilst stirring.
3. Off the heat, mix to obtain a creamy consistency.
4. With the help of a scooper, form balls off the cream mix. Set aside.
5. Assemble the liquid cream in the coffee an firm chantilly and leave it cool.
6. Preheat the oven to 180°C and let the fondants bake.
7. Spread the whipped cream into cups, place a fondant in it, and sprinkle with the Speculaas crumbs. Place a ball of pear on each fondant and cover with speculoos coulis.
The Bean Team & Carnet De Saveurs