- 100ml strong ‘The Awakening’ coffee
- 250ml milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 100g powdered sugar
- 3 gelatin sheets
- 100ml very cold liquid whole cream
- 1 teaspoon of icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1. Soak the gelatin sheets in a container full of cold water. Pour the milk into a saucepan. Put on medium heat and let boil.
2. Add the coffee, let heat for a while, then remove from the heat.
3. Add the egg yolks and the sugar in a bowl and stir until the mix whitens. Pour the milk slowly while stirring.
4. Pour the mixture back in the saucepan. Let it cook over a low heat until it looks smooth and homogenous. Remove from the fire, drain the gelatin, add it to the cream, mix and let it cool.
5. Put the cold cream in a bowl. Start to progressively whip it and add the icing sugar and the lemon juice. Be wary, the cream heats really fast!
6. Carefully incorporate the whipped cream. Pour the bavarois in a mold. Leave it in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
7. An hour before serving, unmold the bavarois on a plate. Decorate it however you see fit if you feel like it! Keep it in the fridge until serving.
The Bean Team & Saveurs et Gourmandises