Thanks a lot to Dorian from the cooking blog Dorian Cuisine.com for this delicious coffee, chocolate and caramel ice cream recipe! Made with our Nespresso™ Noir, a ristretto of strength 10, you are in for a treat! Follow the instructions to make it yourself!
Find the full-length article here! “Moi je suis café café… ma glace très café et chocolat et caramel au beurre salé…”.
- 120ml strong coffee (we used 3 of our NOIR capsules!)
- 60g dark chocolate chopped to pieces
- 60g salted butter caramel
- 300ml whole milk
- 200ml heavy cream
- 160g sugar
- 2 tablespoon of powdered milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla pod
© Dorian Nieto
1. Pour the milk, cream and the dried milk in a saucepan and add the vanilla pod cut in half and scrubbed above the pan. Bring the mixture to boiling point.
2. Whisk the yolks with the sugar in a bowl until it is homogeneous then empty the bowl in the pan while whisking at the same time.
3. Leave the pan at low heat while regularly stirring until the preparation thickens.
4. Remove from the heat, add the coffee, stir again and let it cool.
5. Empty the pan in an ice cream maker and when the ice starts to grip add the chocolate and the caramel without stopping the machine.
6. Put the mixture in a pot and store in the freezer for a few hours so the ice really sticks. Take it out about 10 minutes before you want to devour it all in one go.
The Bean Team & Dorian Cuisine