Ingredients for 12 tartelettes:
For the dough:
- 250g of flour
- 130g of caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 125g of butter
For the Ganache:
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 200g dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons of Organic Honduras Coffee
- 50g of sugar
- 50g of butter
- 125g of whole hazelnuts
Preparing the Shortbread:
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar and the butter while sanding the paste with your hands. Add the egg and shape it in a ball. Keep in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Preparing the Ganache:
2. In a saucepan, warm gently the cream, butter and sugar. When the mixture is homogeneous, remove from the fire and pour in the coffee and the chocolate in big chunks. Stir until the chocolate is melted.
3. In a mortar, crush the hazelnuts to get irregular chunks. Add them to the ganache (keep some for decoration).
4. Spread the shortbread and divide it between mini tart molds. Cook for about 10 minutes at 180 degrees. Let it cool before unmolding.
5. Pour the chocolate mix in the tarts, decorate a little with the remaining hazelnuts and let them cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
A Small Tip! (If you’re like us, you’ll follow it)
For an extra ‘gourmand’ touch, you can replace half of the chocolate with praline. In this case, do not add sugar to the ganache.
The Bean Team & Miàm.Cooking