Thanks to Sandra from blog de cuisine “Le Petrin” for this delicious smoothie recipe made using our compatibles Nespresso™ coffee capsules Gigolo a ristretto of strengh 12! We liked it so much that we wanted to share this recipe with you!
Read the original article here: Smoothie réveil matin tonique au café.
Tonic Smoothie (1 to 2 serving)
- 25g of toasted oat flakes
- 1/2 frozen banana (50g)
- 130g of strong coffee (prepared with 2 Gigolo capsules)
- 100g of neutral vegetable milk (soy, rice, oat) or regular milk
- 50g of vegetable cream (soy cooking cream) or liquid cream
- 15 to 20g of date or agave syrup or honey
To do a day in advance:
1. Toast the oat flakes in a pan at medium heat, while stirring regularly to avoid burning it. Remove the pan as soon as the flakes start to give an aroma and turn golden (they will keep on cooking in the hot pan). Once they have cooled, keep them in a box of your liking.
2. Peel the banana, cut it in large pieces and freeze the bits.
3. Prepare the coffee (here 2 Gigolo capsules used for 130g of water). Let it cool down, cover it and keep it in your fridge.
The next day:
1. Put the oat flakes in a blender, add the cold coffee, the frozen banana, the milk, the cream and the sweetener of your liking.
2. Mix for 1 or 2 minutes or as long as it needs to blend to get a clear and smooth mixture.
3. Pour into a large glass or 2 medium and enjoy!
The Bean Team & Le Pétrin