Thanks a lot, to Sandra, from the culinary blog “Le Pétrin” for this delicious homemade crunchy coffee granola recipe made with our Big Shot coffee beans! Rich in nuts (that’s healthy!) crispy with large clusters and a coffee scent that give you the right boost to start a beautiful day! Read her blog HERE!
The granola has an important role in our breakfast nowadays and this homemade recipe meets everyone’s tastes, who like it crispy, roasted well, caramelized, dipped in milk, sprinkled on the yoghurt or just natural to nobble!
Starting from a basic homemade granola’s recipe, she added 5 cereals flakes to enhance the flavor, chia seed, hazelnuts (that go well with the taste of the coffee) and a special trick, an egg white for crunchy clusters!
Ingredients for a crunchy multigrain coffee granola:
- 400g of 5 cereals flakes
- 10g of chia seed
- 80g of shelled hazelnuts
- 70g of shelled almonds
- 40g of pumpkin seeds
- 40g of sunflower seeds
- 10g of finely ground Big Shot coffee beans
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 60ml of olive oil
- 100ml of maple syrup
- 40g of muscovado sugar or just normal brown sugar
- 50ml of hot Big Shot Espresso
- 1 egg white (30 to 35ml)
How to make an homemade coffee granola:
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C and cover a large baking tray with some baking paper.
2.Grind enough coffee beans to make an espresso and set aside 10g (2 tablespoons) of ground coffee.
3. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together (5 cereals flakes, chia seed, hazelnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, the 10g of ground coffee, salt and vanilla powder).
4. In a different bowl or a pitcher, mix the olive oil with maple syrup and the muscovado sugar.
5. Pour in the hot 50ml coffee shot and keep mixing until the sugar is melted.
6. You can now combine the liquid mixture with the dry ingredients and mix gently with a wooden spoon or spatula, to soak them completely.
7. Roughly whip the egg white with a fork and pour into the bowl.
8. Blend it well and transfer the granola mix on the baking tray.
Baking the coffee granola:
1.Start by spreading the granola over the whole tray, even out the surface and make a hole in the center (like a bagel).
2.Bake the granola for about 35 minutes without mixing; it should be golden and crisp on the surface.
3.Turn off the oven, leave the door open, and let the granola cool down completely. To obtain large clusters don’t touch it or mix it. Keep the granola is an airtight glass jar and leave it overnight.
The coffee granola is now ready to serve!
Pair it with your favorite milk (with almond milk it’s delicious), mix it with different yoghurts or use it as sprinkles on desserts or just to incorporate into cakes and cookies recipes.
The Bean Team & Le Pétrin